An excellent potato is the starting point for Aviko.Before a potato is processed by us, it must meet very strict demands.
An excellent potato meets the following criteria:
- right tuber shape and length
- right dry matter distribution
- no sugars that turn brown
- no sensitivity to gray discolouration
- absence of diseases and faults
Various potato varieties
Aviko uses various potato varieties to ensure consistently high quality. Every potato variety has its own qualities. Therefore, Aviko decides per potato product which variety fits best where it concerns taste, texture and preparation. During the selection, we naturally pay attention to your needs and desires as a customer, but also to the 'local' taste, cutting size, flesh colour, texture and bake-off colour.